Tuesday, April 12, 2011

TRAIL MAIL:

LOVES THE MAG, BUT WHAT ABOUT A SPECIAL-EDITION: BOX-TRAILER ZONE?

Hi Guys: Just wanted to say thank-you for producing one of the best quality dirt bike mags I have come across, as I have recently jumped back into dirt bikes after a far too long absence. I purchased a 1985 Yamaha DT175 that required a lot of TLC and I got so carried away I restored it to pristine condition -- to the point my mates said it should be kept as a garage queen. Er.... gee you're right guys, so I purchased a 1989 Yamaha DT175 badly in need of some TLC and completely restored this one much to my ever patient wife's outstanding tolerance and our financial detriment. Currently I have a Suzuki DR-Z400E 2002 model that I have again spent far too much on but enjoyed every minute of the journey from the outstanding and patient advice I have received from experts like Brian Connors Motorcycle Centre in Brookvale to the excellent articles I have discovered on DR-Zs. Just a thought though, guys, as the articles on motorcycles are always very informative, how about one on bike and box trailers? As in keeping them prepped and in good order instead of having a wheel bearing give up the ghost 200km out of Sydney. As I have recently acquired a box/bike trailer and discovered a number of quick fixes that have not been so quick or easy to fix.
-- Phil Garrison, via www.trailzone.com.au

You know what, Phil, we can truly understand and appreciate the passion and labour of love that it takes to bring an old machine back to its former glory, while at the same time keeping in the good books with the missus -- congratulations on your juggling skills, well done, son! I will forward your idea of a tech story on bike trailers to Dr Phil, our esteemed Technical Editor. Somehow, though, I think he might just keep that one on the back-burner for a while, as he has a mountain of bike tech stories to get into the mag that will take priority. But thanks for the thought -- and send us a pic of the restored DT!
-- Clubby, www.trailzone.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment