Wednesday, February 3, 2010

PRESS RELEASE:

TADDY TOPS AT INDOOR WORLD ENDUROS!

With the 2010 Indoor Enduro World Cup title already secured, KTM Enduro Factory Team / Red Bull rider Taddy Blazusiak put the finishing touches to his dominant IEWC campaign by claiming the overall winning result at the fourth and final round of the series, the Barcelona Indoor Enduro, last weekend.

Facing tough competition and a challenging track, Taddy claimed two runner-up results and one race win to finish ahead of KTM team mates David Knight and Ivan Cervantes in the end-of-night overall classification.

Suffering from a poor start in the first final, Taddy was forced to work his way from the back of the field, passing six riders during the opening lap. Posting the fastest lap time of the race as he charged his way forwards, Taddy eventually finished second having successfully worked his way past 10 riders.

In the second heat Taddy claimed a start-to-finish victory having rounded the first turn out front and having then never been headed. Once again recording the fastest lap of the race, Taddy extended his lead lap after lap to finish 12 seconds clear of runner-up Ivan Cervantes.

The third and last final saw Taddy claim his second runner-up result of the night, as he finished behind Cervantes at the end of an eventful race. Comfortably ahead of all other riders, and just four seconds behind Cervantes, Taddy was pleased to bring his 2010 IEWC campaign to a successful close having not only won the championship but also having claimed the overall winning result at each of the four events.

Taddy’s next event will be the Hell’s Gate extreme enduro staged in Italy.

Taddy Blazusiak: “If you don’t give 100 per cent when you are racing indoor enduro that’s when you can get hurt, so although I’d already won the title I knew that I needed to push as hard as I could and stay 100 per cent focused on my racing. Generally it was a great night for me and it was great to see a full stadium. I got a bad start in the first final. I got a lot of wheel spin as I left the start, which costs me. I was pleased with the way I rode though as I came from outside the top 10 to second. The second final was perfect. I got the holeshot and everything went well. After having to work so hard in the first race it was nice to have a relatively smooth race and a win. The final race was a bit of a mess. I had a few difficulties with some riders but the most important thing was taking the overall win, which I did. I had to take some crazy lines to get past some riders but it all worked out fine. It’s been a great and almost perfect championship for me. Now I have one or two extreme races, which I’m really looking forward to, and then a little time off to rest. Thanks to my team, family, supporters and sponsors I’ve been able to win both the US Endurocross and FIM Indoor Enduro World Cup titles. It’s been a great few months.”

2010 Indoor Enduro World Cup, final series standings

1. Taddy Blazusiak (KTM) 174 points

2. Ivan Cervantes (KTM) 115

3. Joakim Ljunggren (Husaberg) 95

4. Graham Jarvis (Sherco) 70

5. Daniel Gibert (Yamaha) 63

No comments:

Post a Comment