Tuesday, July 6, 2010

TRAIL MAIL:

BROWNIE IN THE BROWN STUFF

This photo is of my mate Brownie who will shoot me if he knows that I have sent it. We hadn’t been riding together for years as he left our home-town to pursue work. So I promised to have a ride with him before the birth of his first child (knowing there wouldn’t be much time straight after). So early one morning I drove the four hours to have a ride with him around the Newcastle, NSW, area. He said there were some good tracks very close in behind the Freeman's Waterhole area. After some well-used, rutted-out freeways I was beginning to really appreciate the virgin ground I usually ride. Anyway, the photo attached happened when we got to a bog hole and he stopped, whereas I, having good momentum, rode straight through! Further up the track I stopped and called out to see if he had crossed. The only reply was, “I might need a hand ...” Being me, I yelled, “Just blast it through!” No such luck for Brownie: he said, “I’m stuck!” While he looks quite happy in the photo, I can tell you after both of us had struggled against the suck of the pungent mud to get his bike out, our faces were not so jovial! Anyway love ya mag and hope you like the photo!
-- CP via www.trailzone.com.au

Great shot, Craig. We’ve all been there and done that, just like your mate Brownie. Now go hide from the hail of bullets when he finds out your photo is on the Web! And thanks for reading TRAIL ZONE.
-- Clubby, www.trailzone.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment